
I lucked out and got some Red/white polk dot fabric. They didn't have enough to do a dress but I had enough for a skirt and bow. So I made a really simple skirt with an elastic waist. I tried to make it a bit flouncy as Minnies skirt is normally a little bit puffy. Apparently I have started to lose weight in the few weeks since I made the skirt. I made it loose to begin with in case I wanted to use it down the road for halloween again. When I went to wear it on Oct. 31st, I had to pin it up as it kept falling down.
My ears were made of black felt and black foam (to make them stand on their own), and sewed onto an elastic hairband. I made a big bow and sewed that to the front of the ears.
I found some yellow fabric to use for shoes. I doubled it up so they were puffy looking too. I basically just sewed a shoe sized oval, cut from the back to the middleish area and sewed another smaller oval that was bigger enough for my foot to slip through. Than I turned the fabric rightside out and sewed the back together. They weren't great, but did the trick.
I had a black top that I had ordered from Land's End a couple of years ago for $5 and black tights which were about $5 as well. So in total I spent less than $20 on the costume, but it did take a little bit of time to make.

No comments:
Post a Comment